View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wow. I know one band who's not getting any hugs from Diss! I wasn't really that critical of them, after all, they've been famous and rich for a billion years...And i know everyone hates mick, and he's a louse and all, but i think he's interesting and funny and expressive when he talks, so i don't really care. Yes, John is clearly the best, but he's a repub, too I dunno, I figure if that was me, people would find a lot wrong with my personality, too.
But i tell you what, if i was in that band i'd have trouble not rolling my eyes at Lindsey, all the time. My friend from Palo Alto kind of talks like that too I'm like "are we going to see the point anytime soon, or should I get a snack?" Geez, diss, do you even like this band?
Just because I like their music, it doesn't mean that I like their egotistical behavior.

I think the problem is that they've been sheltered and spoiled rock stars for so long that they have no sense of the real world, only what they've been exposed to for thirty years. Which is money, adoration, material things, and free reign to act however they want. I just have a problem relating to such spolied people, especially when they piss and moan about how they're doing it for the art (yet "pray to the commercial gods") and compare themselves to indie directors who make no money and live in two bedroom flats. I mean, get a clue. You people do not live on the same Earth that we common folk do and I just find the behavior more ridiculous and laughable than anything else.

I can tell you right now that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I acted like that or made all that money for recording freakin' songs. I'd feel so incredibly unworthy, especially when there are people who know what it means to live a hard life. Not getting three more of your songs on a record is far from heartbreaking.

Last edited by dissention; 11-28-2004 at 06:25 PM..