View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
During the ISA solo, she was the first to stand up from her seat, and burst into a raging applause before the song was over and it certainly was one of the highlights of the show, beside GDW. I love LB. He is a fantastic guitarist and most of the time, a great producer. I am a highly trained classical musician (opera singer-vocal coach), and as one, I have a great appreciation for flawless technical performance and execution of a musical piece, but something I appreciate above anything else is the artists ability to preserve, express and transfer the emotion through their art. Stevie is no instrumental virtuoso, but she is certainly capable of doing that through songwriting eons better then Linds, even if her songs are sometimes rudimentary as Linds once said. What she lacks in the technical part, she compensates with the ability to force you feel exactly the way she felt creating her art, and relive it through your eyes. Isn't that the sole purpose of art in general? Don't get me wrong, I don't find you a bad, irritating person at all. Quite contrary. I just don't understand your need to overanalyze everything Stevie does, so you can criticize her later every time you mention her name, and all that in front of a group of people that obviously mostly adore her. It would be much easier for you to enjoy her work with FM that you can put up with, and ignore the rest. And no, I am not one of the fans who faints of excitement every time she twirls, and wears platform boots. I am one of those fans that loves her for who she is as an artist.
It's funny how differently people can see/experience things, because Stevie songs leave me colder than a dead fish while Lindsey songs convey a lot more emotion and feeling and make me think about the lyrics and relate them to my own life and experiences.

And will someone please explain why twirls are so fascinating? Isn't it something most able bodied people can do?