Thread: strange, weird
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I agree that "Heroes" is a different style of song for Christine/FM but I wouldn't call it "strange" or "weird." The band were experimenting with some different sounds on that album (one of the album's strengths) but they didn't cross the line into strange/weird.
Well, not on her songs, anyway. "Coming Home" is pretty far out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I vaguely remember that years ago I didn't like the song because of the "strange/weird" thing they did to Christine's voice. My thinking at the time was, you have one of the best things in pop music at your command (Christine's voice) and you're going to distort it so it sounds like something else? Bad idea. But now listening to it in retrospect, in the context of the other awful production choices from 'Tango in the Night,' I think the Christine-voice-distortion isn't too bad; in fact, it's kind of fun to make Chris's voice sound a little like Lindsey's voice.
I remember being REALLY annoyed when Tango came out because Lindsey's production touches on Christine's voice seemed to strip it of its distinction. Compare, for example, "Isn't it Midnight" on record with her singing of it live...the latter is way better: a warmer, sexier sound.