View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmolady View Post
Thank you for the welcome! Hearing Peter again was amazing, and very many memories of the 'old' days. I was fortunate enough to be able to also see guys like Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page in the 60s; Peter was 'special' as it seemed to me that he had more of a 'feel' for the blues, particularly in his days with John Mayall, somehow his guitar playing had that 'extra' tone to it (I'm not very technical on this topic, but I'm sure you know what I mean!)
There was an excellent programme on bbc 4 tv last Friday night, 'Blues Britannia', and featured clips of Peter .... well worth having a look at - and the programme was a great reminder of the musicians around in the 60s!
Thank You for sharing your memories, desmolady. Here we all know what you mean when you talk about that 'extra tone' (I'm not very tecnical either). Where did you see and hear Mayall and Peter Green play 'back in the day'?

I was in London at the weekend, but didn't know about the programme I am trying to get hold of it some other way though, because I cannot watch the BBC link in this country). I would very much like to see the new footage, though I doubt very much that there should be new pieces of film. It would be quite sensational if there is. I think BBC have unfortunately destroyed a lot og music film from the 60's and
70's.

Ms Moose