View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Nice. Thanks for the info. I know Linds fans like to snobulate about, and discussinate ad geniusism, but - I'm glad he's doing the show, and sometimes musicians just sing all around and do shows, and it's fine. I think it's fun to bring him in with modern people - he'll shine either way. I mean, he could easily show up C. Underwood, but also the song could sound great anyways. It's just one of those event show thingies where they ask a bunch of famous musicians, and it kind of gets thrown together to please everyone. There's still talent gathered there - and probably everyone involved is doing one of their best known songs. Yes, we've heard GYOW a million times, but it is still brill, and I think some people will hear it in this case who might not have considered it much before. And that is my hope, not that Lindsey snobs out and doesn't want to play in front of people, but that he plays a lot, and if it takes a well worn gem for people to gravitate to his genius, find out who he is - then fantabulous.

Especially considering he toured the sh*t out of his new album. I mean, being a musician is a job, but it's also fun, and I'd hate to limit one of my favorite musicians (Linds) by trying to pretend I have the best idea for what he should do at certain times. Or trying to pretend he is too good to play his music around. Heck, if we were lucky, Lindsey would always be playing his music around. And has been recently. And so I say that with the knowledge that we already know he's not a huge sellout. And sometimes it's good to bust out GYOW. It's not like that Carrie girl is a bad singer. Does every move he makes have to be deep and complicated? Do you hold yourselves to that same standard? And most of us aren't super genius musicians, so how are we to know?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-04-2007 at 08:37 PM..