View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
This is NOT the thread where you get to complain about the tour
Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000
She's full of crap. If the song didn't work why did they play it the whole tour? She dropped tried and true numbers like "Sara" yet kept a song she didn't like? Not buying it. To me, the song works as well as any she did on that tour. She should have dropped "I Need to Know" and added another RAL track, she only did four from the album. Some promotion.
The mood shifted a bit there

I'd have been interested in some more RAL album tracks though. Happy that "No Spoken Word" was chosen among the non-singles as it really had some fire live and is probably the best non-single from the album.

I honestly wouldn't have minded one of the dumb pop numbers like "Some Become Strangers" or "If I Were You" were played as well. A live band arrangement might have fleshed them out a bit.

But if she had picked another RAL song my luck would be she'd have chosen "I Sing for the Things", "The Nightmare" or "Sister Honey". I'm not sure if any new arrangement or energy could save those :/

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)