View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
Anyway, don't ask me how, but the bad guys (and girls too) can smell self-esteem issues in someone a million miles away. Trust me, they know full-well who they can make their victim. But you don't need to be a willing volunteer any more. Being independent and happily single is one thing but avoiding relationships is quite another. I promise you that if you get stronger and healthier, then the good ones will find you! Then you can decide if you'd rather go it alone or if yeah, maybe committment doesn't look so bad after all.
Yep, I'm a strong believer in therapy...BUT a person has to be completely ready and willing otherwise nothing will come of it...and a good therapist is also important, a lot of times people go to one..don't click or have a negative experience and base the whole thing on that...swearing off therapy for good...I've come to find you have every right to shop around so to speak and interview your docs before finding the right one...but yeah, if someone is repeatedly falling into bad relationship then there's something there that needs to be looked at...

I had a lot of bad "relationships" in my last year of high school and into college, the last one left me defeated and totally crushed with no self-esteem, and I knew at that point, I needed to do something about myself if I were ever to be in a healthy good relationship...so after a lot of soul searching and some therapy I did meet a great guy...and he's the one I just broke up with haha..but it wasn't a bad break up by any means...in fact we just spoke today...he's like an old friend now..it's nice....

And I didn't mean to imply that I think people who have affairs are evil..I know there are issues and stuff and reasons as to why people get involved in situations like these...they just seem to be getting more common, which is what freaks me out...