View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a huge Stevie fan, I thought I would post my opinion on this recent news. While I am a fan of Fleetwood Mac as a whole, Stevie is my favorite singer of all time and the only Mac member whose solo career I truly follow. I'll admit I have never heard any of Lindsey's solo beyond his hits, but I do own and love Christine's 1984 album. That being said I am happy for Chris and Lindsey. I see a lot of other Stevie fans on social media that seem to think that this announcement is hurtful to Stevie. While I can see how the name thing is a little too similar to Buckingham Nicks, I'm not sure what else they would call it if they aren't calling it Fleetwood Mac. I guess many people see it as a jab at Stevie for her going on her solo tour. Had Stevie mentioned in interviews that she would contribute to the album after her solo outing, then I could see this as something against her. Although we don't know what was said behind closed doors between the band, Stevie's interviews seem to suggest that she prefers touring only with Fleetwood Mac. Sure, I would have loved to have another album with all 5 but I think this solution works for everyone. Christine and Lindsey are both so talented and I think it's great they have new music to share. I've also enjoyed Stevie's tour immensely and hope that she'll release a 24 Karat Gold Part 2 if this pushes the Mac world tour back to 2018. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!