View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I am disappointed as an ancient fan that the final nail in the coffin for one more album from the Rumours five is being hammered in. I do look forward to hearing this album. Christine without Lindsey is a solid pop songwriter and talented musician but with him she has reached the sublime. It is no coincidence that her 12 year run of extraordinary hit singles began with his entrance and ended with his departure from Fleetwood Mac.
we were discussing on another board, they can easily release this album now in May, tour it as Buckingham McVie, tour as all 5 in 2018, and then take the rest of their new music, add couple of Nicks songs and release a Fleetwood Mac whole lineup album in a few years. this doesn't have to be their last album.

the only problem with that is that if we can learn from history, i don't see Nicks agreeing to it, unless something drastic happens to change her mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
if you're implying that I hate Stevie, far from it. I have been a huge fan of hers since the 70s and she was the main reason I got into the band in the first place. I am, however, incredibly, sadly disappointed in her.
there are 180+ posts in this thread already, countless pages, with people celebrating that we are actually really getting this new music, and discussing how exactly it will all happen. and among those there are less than handful negative posts. most really don't care about Stevie at this point as she is not involved. yet all of the sudden several posts showed up just now lecturing and accusing fans of stevie-bashing. it was bound to happen knowing this crazy fandom. but i'm happy to see how enthusiastic and positive both here and all the social media reactions are. christine mcvie and lindsey buckingham are still trending on facebook, and it's been like that the whole day.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"