View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if there's nothing less rock and roll than the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then I guess Nicks is in the right place

It saddens me to see Queen almost at the end of the list. Queen is not a pop band. Some anthems and a pop album in the 80's (Hot Space) don't make you a pop band. Queen has always been a rock band since the 70's (Queen I and II mostly).

I agree there's no point in this award, mostly because half of the inductees (or maybe more) never played rock and roll in their lives. If I were Stevie I'd prefer to be in the Songwriters Hall of Fame (in which I may add, Queen is the only band with its four members as inductees). She has always bragged about her songwriting style.

Glad to see Tina and Diana's mention as deserved but forgotten inductees.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-04-2019 at 10:12 PM..