View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
I just can't stand anything about the band now. There was a lot to criticize before, but I loved them and supported them in all their endeavors. The shows were getting a little lame and played out, but I still never dreamed of missing one, and that almost always meant travelling 4 or 5 hours, getting a hotel room, and paying at least 250.00 for a ticket. Now, I wouldn't go to their show if it were free. The whole thing feels creepy, gross, and uncool. Lindsey is out of the band, and you're dragging around a couple of guys from other bands? It's the antithesis of rock and roll. It's tragic, and it makes me sick. I won't support the band OR Stevie anymore. I excused a lot because of everything they've meant to me over the years, but now Stevie looks like a silly, geriatric fooI lumbering around on stage and phoning in every performance. Most of what she does is cringe-worthy. It doesn't matter though because you're right--they still have a huge following, which is mind-blowing to me.

This pretty much sums up exactly the way I feel as well. I loved Stevie so much, for decades, and loved the band with all my heart. I have never been so disappointed in people.
My heart breaks for Lindsey, how cruel they have been.

This board started to fracture once Stevie pulled her power trip, and people lined up in different camps. Instead of respecting each other's points of views, many (but not all) of the ones who continued to support the band didn't feel the need to be patient and understanding of the ones who were devastated by the move. Nothing is more dismissive or cruel than being told your point of view is pointless, worthless or stupid, and to "get over it."

As for the gobs of people that still pay to see them, I don't get it, and have given up trying to figure it out. I don't follow what I used to call "My Band" anymore.