View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I don't think the majority of fans "hate" her because she and Lindsey had a meaningful relationship that lasted 7 years, although granted there may be some. I don't hate her but I do find what she has done questionable; i.e., Writing a tell-all book twenty years later after Lindsey has married, fathered 3 children, and revived his solo career. It's not about her cashing in so much as it's about her selling-out in other words it's about her blatant betrayal of someone's trust. If you love someone you don't tell-all. She wasn't a member of the band so what she has to say is "second hand news!"

CarolC
i don't know but i think fame comes with a lot more than big bucks. from her perspective, fans are interested in the band & what they were doing at the time. it'll make her some cash, sure, but it doesn't sound like she's telling all. she wasn't a member of the band but short of them writing their own books (which mick did & some people discredited anyway) i think she was about as close to them as anyone could get. as far as betrayal, who knows what happened in that relationship. she & lb are no longer together so i doubt trust from either end even plays into it. he wrote and still performs go insane which is all about ca, not to mention the entire album. is that any different as songs are tell-alls in & of themselves? i doubt she felt a tremendous sense of privacy or trust when it was released. getting involved with a famous person has a price as that person can give out personal info through words or in this case, songs that you may not want to share with the world. being famous also has its price in that someone may do the same to you in some other way or artform. remember also lb talking about ca's drug habits & infidelities in interviews. not exactly not telling all. who started the ball rolling?