View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi,
I posted a comment about this in 'MacNuggets' in the Rumours forum a couple of weeks ago. Sadly there isn't really anything new. A few new clips of an interview by Lindsey about making Tusk, but I don't recall him saying anything he hasn't said a thousand times before. The whole programme was interesting to watch though. (No, I didn't see Rusty in it);

Soundbreaking: Painting with sound
Sky Arts

I've just watched this programme on Sky Arts (first shown, July 2016). I'd recommend it to Brits & anyone else that can pick it up. It is a series about sound/music recording made by George Martin shortly before he passed away. This episode (Painting with sound) was the second episode of 8 and features Fleetwood Mac along with the likes of Beck and Radiohead. The Fleetwood Mac bit was relatively short and featured Tusk footage of Lindsey recording in his bathroom interspersed with recent recollections by Lindsey on the recording of Tusk.

imdb:
The second episode in our series chronicles a watershed event in the history of music: the moment when the recording studio itself effectively became an instrument and gave rise to sounds that could never be reproduced live. Beginning with the advent of magnetic tape and multi-tracking technology, and charting its evolution from the four or eight tracks used by The Beatles and The Beach Boys, to the sixteen- and twenty-four track productions created by Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac, to the digital innovations that today fuel the work of artists such as Beck, Bon Iver, and Radiohead, Painting with Sound traces the birth and development of a new art form--one wholly distinct from what throughout all prior human history had been meant and understood by the word "music."

Aside from the Fleetwood Mac contribution this was a really interesting programme. I'll have to catch up with episode 1 and the rest of the series.