View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I found a way in through an old link on my old computer but I was unable to load the Ledge properly all this time since whenever I was last on. (Just checked: 01-25-2017, so almost a year ago). Something titled lapi.ebay.com... is where things stop and load no more. Even now I can only load the newest thread listed per each section.

Anyway, I guess I've not been the only one.
This makes sense. What I think is happening is that the Ads are asking for access to secure data and cookies and other personal files on the computers to research your browsing history and refine the content of the specific ads we each see. Something it broken. The other thing that could be wrong is that the portal created by the ads are looking for security vulnerabilities on the system and tryin to get root access. I have worked in IT for 20 years. You can get infected with ad bots and spyware and malicious programs, password recorders and ALL that JUST by loading a JPG ad on a website that is allowing Ads to be posted. The other thing that could be wrong is the code is bad, with redirects upon redirects. Whatever is happening needs an expert in HTML, php