View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Appreciate the responses
I concur with Sharksfan2000 that the best explanation (though this is still pure speculation) is that for reasons unknown, the BBC had re-broadcast the April 27th performance on the show, and the track was subsequently listed as being “played”
The other songs listed for the session were ‘Crazy About You Baby’, ‘Down at the Crown’, ‘Turn Me Loose’ (another Fabian cover - talk about spinning gold out of straw!) and ‘Tell me all the Things You Do’
Three of those numbers, (‘Turn Me Loose’ was the odd man out) were released on the “Madison Blues” box set – all strong performances

Although they obviously had more than enough of their own material, it still would have been fun to hear Jeremy tear into ‘Sandy Mary’ – the song has a rock ‘n roll rawness heard on Larry Williams numbers such as ‘Slow Down’, ‘Dizzy Miss Lizzy’ ‘Bad Boy’ which differs from that wildness of Little Richard, which the band seemed to prefer – it is interesting that Spencer seemed to like his blues raw, i.e. Elmore James, but his rock ‘n roll and little more structured –

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder