View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Jumping at Shadows/All Over Again

I am generally far more of a reader than a contributer to this forum but am compelled to post for several reasons.
Firstly JaS is undoubtedly one of the finest examles of true blues playing ever recorded, both on Disc 1 & 3 of Boston Tea Party (disc 1 is my preference).
BB King most recently recorded 'All Over Again' on his '80' album and this is the only title I knew this song by. Since hearing this I have seen several posts referencing Greeny's version and have longed to hear it. So, many thanks to aida for posting the YouTube links, i'll be going straight there after posting this!
On a slight tangent it has often amazed me that Greeny's solo on the Boston disc 1 version of Green Manalishi (before the extended jam section) is not regularly included in top guitar solo lists. I know it's a lot to do with personal taste but this never fails to move me and often makes me shiver. It is obviously one of his more heavier solo's and not blessed with some of the subleties present on tracks such as JaS but is so raw and aggressive.
Oh and I would definitely agree that BtB from Shrine '69 is also sublime.
Anyway i'm of to check out YouTube.