View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I've always found SYW to sound a lot like 2 solo albums shoved together. When I listen to, I listen to Lindsey and Stevie's songs seperately, they make 2 pretty fine solo efforts.
For me or anyone else who had become intimately familiar with the GoS songs as leaked back in 2000 or whenever, I guess we'll never truly know how Say You Will would have come across to us if we were hearing all the tracks for the first time. But no doubt there still would have been a considerable "Tusk" effect (i.e. a degree of incohesiveness) given the quantity and gamut of tracks.

Here is an interesting fact: despite there being more songs on the Tusk album, the Say You Will album is actually LONGER than the Tusk album (by one minute!).

What's also interesting to me is that Stevie's songs on SYW are relatively short (compared to her solo work) while Lindsey's are relatively long (compared to any of his work). I think it's fair to say that there was definitely a degree of compensation for Christine's absence in that regard, particularly by Stevie. Look at In Your Dreams--just about every song runs close to six minutes.