View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
sure, dino. and i didn't intend to raise the impression that peter played like a slouch on this album - not at all! but i do think there's little doubt about the fact, that by the time of recording "in the skies", he was already past the zenith of his guitar playing skills and had lost SOME of his erstwhile fluency and speed. not that i would get off on speedy playing, especially! i get off on TASTY playing, and he still had plenty of that then, for sure!

certainly true. nevertheless i consider these the album's best solos - sorry.

by the way - for the odd "uninitiated" here on the board: check out snowy white's fantastic greeny guitar impersonations on the first "blues agency" album "change my life" from 1988 - simply sublime!

but, please, don't get me wrong: don't wanna put down the original hero of this forum in any kind of form - how could i: he was ever so much an inspiration for my own playing, and for this i'll always be grateful!
Hey, no offence taken!
Yes the Slabo Day lead playing is quite stunning and Snowy is a great player.
I own one of his albums but feel the compositions and the vocals are not that interesting - a shame as the solos are good. Does he sing on the Blues Agency album?
I would rate him as a solid guitarist foremost. Nothing unusual, it's a select few that are the complete package - guitarist, vocalist, composer. Greeny, Jimi...not many more.