View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder how much Lindsey thinks about his looks. He seems to have more ego about his music and creativity than his looks, but, of course, we don't get to observe him enough to really know. The only thing that struck me as physical vanity was when he adjusted the crotch of his pants for the SYW shoot and when Javier pointed out that Lindsey wore contact lenses from early on.

Contacts are common now, but back then they were much rarer. They were only "hard" then and your eyes actually had to develop callouses before they could feel comfortable. So, the fact that Lindsey started wearing contacts that early on suggests to me that he just did not want to be seen in glasses.

Although we see Stevie in glasses in some candid shots, I don't think we've ever seen Lindsey in glasses, except for sun glasses. No reading spectacles.

Of course, I don't even own a pair of glasses and never have. I wear contacts all the time myself. At this point though, it's not vanity, so much as I'm just lazy and rather careless and I don't want to keep up with a pair of frames.

Michele
I think he used to care a lot more about his clothes and style - over the last 10 years I don't he's cared less about style!

Right now I really feel he needs to mix it up a little - his casual look is fine, just please add a few more pieces to the ultra small wardrobe currently in use!

He really suits aviator style sunglasses - would love to see what he looked like in regular glasses in this style.