View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No way. I would be shocked. Bob sued the Mac for royalties over those songs exact songs. The Mac cut him off completely. I think Bob's wife would be upset. There is no way they would do one of Bob's songs and if they did they would deserve the flack they would get. The Mac would not even include Bob in the Behind the Music segment and he is not even mentioned as a transition. When they show the album Heroes are hard to find, Bob is cut off the album. Its almost like when Van Halen tried to erase Michael Anthony. They erased him from albums on their website. How could Bob's family be happy after all this they suddenly are profiting yet again off of Bob's songs when he is dead. Hypnotized would be amazing though.
Neil's concert was probably in a small club where he is feeling things out. Its a great song I think he could do well. But it wont work with an arena packed of casual fans. But who knows on that one. I was the first one to say they would play it. Then reality set in
In the Behind the Music you referred to, it also completely ignored Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka, so the fact it ignored Bob too didn't surprise me.

I'm not sure how FM would be profiting from singing a couple of Bob's songs live, but I could see Bob's estate profiting, another reason I hope they do Hypnotized and or Sentimental Lady.

Macfan4life, have you reconsidered whether to see them live this tour? Although I haven't bought tickets yet, I'm pretty sure I'm going. After learning more about Neil and Mike, I'm actually excited to see this version of FM live, whether it lasts or not.