View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
True, but she still would have only had 3 songs, because if they had left Silver Springs on, they wouldn't have put I Don't Want to Know on the album. But 3 songs written by AND sung by Stevie would have made them all equal, with The Chain being the eleventh song, written by all of them.

Not complaining, mind you. Rumours is pretty damn perfect. Just can't help thinking it's surprising Tusk didn't have another Stevie song on it. Length of the songs versus number of songs is very different, and Sisters of the Moon and Angel could have easily been shorter. True, Sara, Storms, and Beautiful Child have Stevie singing right up til the end, but the other 2 songs could have ended sooner without affecting the lyrics. Considering the success of Dreams and GDW, I guess I would have thought Stevie earned a little more presence on future albums.
I don't understand not counting I Don't Want To know because Lindsey is singing with her on it. I think their voices go very well together on the song and its Stevie's song that she offered up. She gets full credit. You seem to not put it down as a Stevie song because she is singing with Lindsey. The group does not think in fractions. They put songs on the album that are good and deserve to be there. IDWTK is a good song and it sounds good with both singers so they put it on the album. Christine let Lindsey sing Don't Stop, Hold me and Think About me. Those are still Christine songs and Christine contributions. But its a group effort.
I think she could have had another song on Tango if she was available more often and she had a good song that the group really liked. You seem to be equating number one songs or the front microphone status should give Stevie more song than the other singers. By that standard...Lindsey has the least "hits" so should be given the least amount of songs? That is corrupt thinking IMHO. I think her songs are very well written but really need Lindsey to put them in proper order and they can be quite long.
The Chain actually is a Stevie song. They had the music but no lyrics. They took her lyrics and added it to the song. Yes the other members contributed and they thought it was important to include all members in credit to make a point but they lyrics are mostly from Stevie. So she really has 3.5 songs on Rumours