View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
There's an adorable story about Christine and John at Cleveland.com which I was able to read on my phone this morning but is now blocked by a pay wall.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chri...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The gist of the story is, a radio station in Cleveland wanted to have a marketing angle that would tied them to the band in 1977 when RUMOURS was really hot. An employee learned John loved penguins, so she used her connections with the Cleveland zoo to broker a deal with the band to purchase two penguins, one to be called Peter (after Peter Green). Then, the radio station would ask the Cleveland community for donations to support the purchase. Anyway, the band loved the idea, and Christine and John attended the ceremony. There's a cute picture of John holding a Rockhopper while Christine delicately touches it.

The radio station staff remembers Christine being one of the most lovely, down-to-earth people, so unlike any rock star they had met. She was kind, funny, and warm.

Hope someone is able to access the article and copy it here.
I love that story and that picture. I've actually had that photo as my lockscreen picture for the last 3 months, it's so sweet. always makes me happy to look at it.

--Lis