View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
One, I think there’s a difference between doing a tribute to someone who died and someone who had surgery.

Two, in the case with Lindsey’s emergency surgery and subsequent recovery, the band was damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Some people would be outraged if the band expressed condolences, while others would be outraged if they didn’t. No-win situation there. I suspect Lindsey appreciated any well wishes, no mater who they were from.

Third, and this isn’t directed solely to you by any means, Macfan4life, but to others who are saying Stevie shouldn’t do a tribute to Christine- Stevie can do whatever she likes. Chances are, the people here saying she shouldn’t do a tribute won’t be at the concerts anyway, right?

I would be thrilled if Lindsey paid tribute to Christine in his next tour.
One. There is no difference in that its words from the stage about someone as an acknowledgement of death or hospitalization.

Two. You are correct it is damn if you do, damn if you dong.

Third, You are correct. I have even said it, Stevie is free to do what she wants to do. I am just saying personally I thought her concert stopping tributes to Prince and Tom were not needed. I dont need her to warble through one of their songs, tell stories about them to convince everyone that she cares. I already said she boxed herself in with other show stopping tributes that if she does not do one bigger, she will be flamed for not caring which is ridiculous.
Lastly, Lindsey shows tributes to Christine in everything he does. She will always be with him as he plays. I personally dont need him to say it to know he knows it and feels it. And if he never said a word, I still know he cares. In this social media age people are so hung up on showing concern and emotions over and over because they get flamed or accused they dont care. I am not that simplistic to think that is Stevie or Lindsey did a concert and Christine never came up it would mean they never cared for her.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-26-2023 at 02:13 PM..