View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
So wait...not only is the fracturing of Fleetwood Mac entirely on Lindsey's shoulders, but he's also on the hook to maintain the gold standard of Fleetwood Mac material on the albums?
I mean, you have to appreciate the humor of Lindsey demanding more creative control of the recording process, they give it to him, he takes considerably more time tweaking and adding extraneous parts while boxing them out, and then bitches about how they were just partying. Like, what the hell else were they going to do while sitting around for days on end?!? The longest project I was ever involved with in the studio was nine days. The overdubs were brutal. Luckily, there was a lot of alcohol.

Quote:
Regarding Family Man and Empire State....I only need to say one thing. When I See You Again. Anyone with an opinion could say the same thing about Wish You Were Here. That's such a bunk argument to make.
WYWH is a masterpiece compared to the other schlock you mentioned. I would have loved a live version. At least the piano intro lived on with Silver Springs.

Quote:
At least the guy could show up for more than 6 weeks. Yeah, he filled out that album while Stevie dried out in rehab.
And, yet, Christine, who also showed up, didn’t have any filler. Even “Mystified” has a charming, clever retro vibe.

And, that’s maybe the perfect snapshot of the crux. The creative visionary said he had 60 songs ready to record and he went with “Family Man” and “You & I, pt. II.”

ETA: And then he disappeared for five years, making fewer public appearances than Punxsutawney Phil.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-26-2023 at 03:53 PM..