View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm well aware that both sides have their issues. The reason I'm focusing on Stevie is because Stevie is the one that the band has been catering to for years now. And they've done that even though (in my opinion) she has been treating the band like a side piece ever since her solo career took off. They've not recorded when she was busy with something else or didn't want to, they delayed an entire tour by a full year because she wanted to promote her solo album more, they literally released an album with every single other member of the band on it and called it a duet because she didn't want to record. When they did record for the EP, it was when Lindsey basically had to morph into Dave Stewart 2.0 and welcome her into his home with his family and give her the warm and cuddly environment that she likes. Lindsey probably doesn't think Stevie is a cup of tea to record with either. He probably think she needs to be pampered and she's never satisfied and she's not some skilled musician like Christine. But in the end, he was still willing to do it and yet she's the one who has consistently gotten what she wanted. Lindsey on the other hand, didn't get the final album he wanted and then even got pushed out of the band.
You don't think that the band has catered to Lindsey as well? They've allowed him to control nearly every aspect of the music for the better part of 40 years.