View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Strand, what you say has some validity. In those cases, the voters latched on to something they saw in the candidate, call it the leadership thing, at a time when despair and frustration was high. This Iraq thing, though most Americans claimed they favored the war, is going to be Bush's undoing, in addition to a faltering economy. The more evidence that surfaces showing the American public has been had, the more it will benefit Dean.

See, eventually Americans do the right thing. Unfortunately a lot of damage gets done while they wait around to be convinced.

Dudes, I gotta do some work now...
I agree. However, I think that for many, including myself, favoring the war, perhaps for the reasons I have repeatedly suggested in other threads, and what has happened are not inconsistent. For example, W's lie about the nuclear stuff and America's apparent lack of any stated or readily discernable exit strategy much less any stated or readily discernable plan for rebuilding Iraq in a manner that the world could go "Wow - look at the good America did" is awful and a reason not to reelect him and his cronies. But, as we and others have gone back and forth about, it does not change my opinion that the removal of SH was justified. It just makes me think the current administration did it a lot like the three stogges would have done it and for that they should be ousted I think a lot of people are like me and, hopefully, that will be enough to stop W's reelection.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-12-2004 at 09:02 PM..