View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Bumping this old thread because this week I learned that Bono from U2 wrote a song for Stevie (I guess it was intended for The Wild Heart). I was digging through the online archives of a Dutch newspaper when I came across this interview with Bono, from March 1983: http://leiden.courant.nu/issue/LLC/1...sort=relevance
Translation of the interesting bits:
Stevie Nicks (from Fleetwood Mac) called us a while ago and asked us if we wanted to write a song for her. We send her a composition but she wasn't satisfied. I think it was too good for her. We wrote that song in Holland during a soundcheck, it was done is just 5 minutes. Maybe that sounds crazy but I have a tape to prove it. We send Stevie a copy of that tape but I guess it wasn't wat she was looking for, it's a beautiful love song and that's not what she wanted.
This is interesting, and Billy Burnette wrote in his memoir that Stevie hosted a party for Bono and U2 sometime around 1988, so that would lend credence to this story. If only Stevie had recorded that song... it may or may not have ended up being a hit, but it certainly would have been impressive to have a Bono/U2 song in her song catalog.