View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I have genuine empathy for Lindsey at this point because he seems so heartbroken to not be part of Fleetwood Mac. Many of us may feel differently, but he clearly not only wants to be back on stage with Fleetwood Mac, for his mental health and happiness, he needs to be.
That’s a shame for him and does make me feel for him — and continue to not understand him. I would have thought that building a future on his musical terms would have given him enormous satisfaction. But this sort of recurring ambivalence in his feelings makes me wonder what he really wants from his professional life — and makes me wonder whether he knows.

He may just be in a funk, which would color and confuse what he actually wants from his career. He just doesn’t seem clear-eyed. He talks on and on about the Fleetwood Mac legacy and yet never actually characterizes the band as anything more than a political machine completely dedicated to commerce and compromise. If I were in a band that I felt had left a great legacy, I would sound the trumpets: “We did this,” “We did that,” “We pioneered whatever,” “We had the best chops,” “Our albums all stand the test of time,” “Our performances are worth preserving,” “We improved studio technology by demanding the best,” and so on. But Lindsey never does that, he only describes Fleetwood Mac as a giant, endless mess. So when he used to talk inspiringly about being rid of it, I believed him. He crafted an excellent album last year and launched a lovely tour. What does this guy want? Like Rhett once said to Scarlett, he’s always on the verge of a crying jag.

moviekinks.blogspot.com