View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
My other unpopular opinion is that Stevie isn't intelligent & isn't a good poet --

I think maybe I'd say that she's "Emotionally Intelligent" ( in the sense that she's able to understand certain feelings and write great songs about them that people can relate to. ) Many psychologists these days consider "Emotional Intelligence" to be a very real, measurable thing. But that leads me to another Unpopular Opinion, and I hope this isn't something she would consider private, but Mr. Nicks actually hinted at this in several interviews and it's my opinion that Stevie has said it "in between her lines," as well:

Stevie has a learning disorder.

Not sure what it is, but I think it's probably related to how she processes language or speech. It affects how she thinks and how she perceives the world. A perfect example of that is how she had difficulty saying "Stevie" when she was young and said "Tee-Dee" instead. Granted many children may have similar "problems," but it's been hinted, I believe, that this was bigger than that.

Look, also, at the fact that she's been around music all her life, and it's her primary interest (professionally, etc.), and yet she doesn't know how to read sheet music.

I think maybe this is one thing - of many - that Mr. Nicks was referring to when he once mentioned in an interview how proud he was of her for overcoming "so many obstacles." This wasn't an easy, stellar road with straight-A's all the way for her - she had some challenges to overcome, and did so with a lot of encouragement and determination.

And if you notice though, I'm not saying that she's not a genius - it's perfectly possible to be a genius and have a learning disorder at the same time. Einstein failed geometry in high school, for example. And I also consider her to be very wise, which of course is a separate thing.