View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The single thing that makes me the saddest about this whole situation is the sixteen years when Christine was leading the quiet life in the England countryside instead of making music with the band. True, she put out an excellent solo record during that time, but didn't tour with it and hardly even did any promotion, and contributed almost nothing to the band. Think of what this band could have done if she had been active with them during those years. What a missed opportunity.

Now, we are debating about how much she is even playing or singing with the band on stage. We hear a few small notes on the piano and declare that she is indeed playing, but nothing like what she used to do. I watched her play and sing "Songbird" in 2015; that's only three years ago, but can she even do that much anymore? I heard her play and sing "Game of Pretend" last year, and I believed it was all live, but maybe not. Frankly, I want to hear her play and sing, and if her skills have escaped her so much that the band won't even put a microphone on her, then she needs to retire altogether from live performing. Maybe it's time for her to call her nephew and make another solo record, since she seems (based on BuckVie) to still excel in the studio.