View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
As with just about everything involving Christine, this interview was a delight. I've listened to it twice now.

Loved the Everly Brothers story, and I found the remarks about drug use (specifically in the writing of Songbird) refreshingly honest.

I'm sure I'm not alone, but when I listen to her talk these days, I can't help but wish someone had been able to talk her out of walking away in 1998. I understand she needed time away, but it's clear from her description of that time period that, at some point, her isolation was doing more harm than good.
The band begged her to stay. She mentions this in the interview. The Dance was such a success that they even begged her to do a European leg before she left. She declined. She got so tired of the band members begging that she confronted them and told them DONT ASK ME ANYMORE.
The title of Say You Will is about Stevie begging Christine to stay. She even uses the line..."if I could get you to Dance" meaning continue the Dance tour. IMHO Christine looked miserable during the Dance. She could not wait until it was over.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-21-2017 at 01:31 PM..