View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I want to see him play MSG.

Still, I am very happy with his accomplishments. I don't see the Tik Tok video and think, "I wish Lindsey could even come close to that kind of success." I listen and remember what Christine said about how uneventful and monotonous Dreams sounded when it emerged from Sly Stone's bed, to be transformed by Lindsey.

It's not necessary for me to lament Lindsey's lack of solo success when I feel that he is responsible for so much of Fleetwood Mac's.

Furthermore, as mortified as I was when he opened for Tina Turner, I think I'd have to kill myself if he opened for Rod Stewart. I don't spend a lot of time wishing he had Stevie's record or ticket sales.

I do wish he had the power, but not the immorality, to get Stevie fired, however. I envy her that.
Stevie's tour with Rod Stewart was the biggest mistake in her career since klonopin. Both have loyal fan bases and there was no need for them to tour "together." I wonder if they really split things 50/50. They billed the tour as no opening acts and just dual concerts. However Rod's ego made Stevie open every night and have Stevie join him on his stage. He never came out on her stage.
I give Stevie credit when she toured with Don Henley. He opened yet she still came out on stage on his set to sing with him. Rod's giant ego would not give her that respect.