View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I posted a 1994 Street Angel interview (in the Stevie forum) with Stevie that I found very interesting. She is off drugs and very clear and actually proud of Street Angel (May 1994).
$tevie claims the rest of the band was jealous of her solo career and never complimented her on it. How Lindsey never listened to Bella Donna, etc.

OMG, does anyone really believe Stevie listened to Go Insane or Christine McVie. How come she never complimented her fellow Mac members on their solo careers. Why do they have to compliment her only. Ego? Or was it because she was more successful and feels they should be drooling over her.
Another point she wont bring up is how much she got paid touring with the Mac. After the solo tours and especially 1987, 1990, and 1997 and beyond, $tevie made so much more than the rest of the members. How come she never insisted on equal treatment in the band that made her famous. Good grief, I could see why the band never mentioned her solo career with that kind of attitude.
I take everything she said in 1994 with a pound of salt. The emotional floodgates were fully opened after eight years of being on a tranquilizer. Remember how the band scared her? (John was the only one who publicly said anything about it, and it was priceless.)

Still, their lack of support for her solo career and Mick not giving her Silver Springs for her solo compilation were complete BS. Mick appeared on TWH and her Red Rocks “concert” video, and WB had control over how that version of Silver Springs was released, not Mick, and she knew that. Stevie was free to record a new version of the song, which she also knew.

The real reason was probably because her management though staying in Fleetwood Mac without Christine or Lindsey would hurt her career, her brand. (I think she should have made Mick, John, Billy, and Rick the core of her solo band and billed as something like “Stevie Nicks featuring Fleetwood Mac” and she’d be the boss.)

THE Stephen Hopkins