View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THD View Post
(. . .) I remember reading that Ted Turner, one of the guitarist in Wishbone Ash ,saying he saw Peter playing live with Fleetwood Mac, and knowing that he (Ted )wanted to move people the way Peter did (I had a similar experience )
Wishbone Ash were (. . .) worthy successors of the twin lead guitar format taking it to where Peter and Danny may have gone with it I recommend their first two albums Wishbone Ash and Argus (particularly good drum sound) (I’m doing this from memory incidentally !)Isaw them at a later stage and they were deafiningly loud and had gone a bit glam rock !
yes, thd, the early ash were (and still are) one of the most innovative and extremely melodic guitar bands of the time, and the comparison with the green/kirwan pairing is pretty apt. i always preferred ted turner (a fine lap-steel player to boot) to andy powell, so i think quite remarkable what he said about peter. and for me personally the band lost most of it's magic when turner left the band. they never were the same with laurie wisefield, or ever after (despite the later reunion of the original line-up).
thanks for pointing out.