Thread: Rank Mirage
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When I bought Mirage in 1983 (I was late to the party), Only Over You was one of my least favorite songs. I thought it was too wishy washy. I remember playing the album (millennials look it up) and my mother hearing the song and said "What a beautiful song." That surprised me because my mother really never commented on any music I played before. I only began to appreciate Only Over You during the last 15 years. Its one of the most under-rated songs of the Mac. Its such a dreamy love song. But Lindsey's hypnotic jam towards the end and his guitar picking where the band plays around eachother makes me fall out of my chair.
How did I not like this before, I don't know. Sometimes the greatest works of art takes you a bit longer to appreciate their brilliance.
IMHO Only Over You is the Oh Daddy of Mirage.
Same here. I've never been crazy about songs that are impossible(for me, a guy) to sing along to.

It took me years to truly appreciate it, but I do now.

I felt the same way about Mystified for a long time.