View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree that Stevie has the most fanatical fans, and therefore she has the biggest fan presence. Yes, those fans just want Stevie, which is why Fleetwood Mac are what they are today - their own tribute band.

Frankly nothing is more tired than Rumours. That album has been worked to death, regardless of its undeniable quality.

I can't speak for the US, but here in the UK, Stevie really isn't a well-known figure these days. Very few people under 30 would have a clue who she is. Fleetwood Mac were well-known as a band, without any individual standing out. Probably because Christine had the most hits, as many as Lindsey, with Stevie having very few. I'd take a stab and say that either "Albatross", "Everywhere" or "Little Lies" are the best-known Mac songs here, then "Don't Stop" and "Go Your Own Way". I'd be surprised if many people knew "Landslide" at all. The end of "The Chain" is very well-known thanks to TV, but I doubt many people know it's Fleetwood Mac.
I'll admit that I no nothing about Fleetwood Mac's impact and influence in other countries, so I apologize for my post's ignorance in that respect. I still can't imagine Fleetwood Mac being half as successful in the past decade without Stevie. At this point, unfortunately, she is what Fleetwood Mac is remembered for.