View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why? old legendary bands are putting out new albums all the time, and some after a long abstinence from recording together. how anticipated and successful they are in most cases heavily depends on their pr campaign, which in this day and age includes highly and smartly developed social media strategy, peppered with the right tv appearances (like the Today Show where they announced Christine is rejoining), etc. if history can teach us anything, FM has not had a good marketing strategy in a long long time, and i don't really expect the things to change for this album either. but it would be really nice to be proven wrong!

i don't think Mick and Lindsey, at least, expect the new album to be any kind of commercial success.
I remember a new Eagles album being a big deal several years back, went on to be a big seller. As for Fleetwood Mac, I think if the right first single was chosen for AC and or Adult Top 40 stations, it could do well worldwide. Would be a good idea to release around the holidays. Sure, it won't sell Adele type numbers, but better than a Stevie solo album would sell. Out of all these fans around the world who paid to see these 5 in concert, I couldn't see the new album bombing.