Thread: FM Trending
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

I work in social media and I'm seriously fascinated by the way FM handles (or rather, doesn't) their social accounts. I manage some entertainment brands, so of course, all I see are opportunities to take advantage of platforms like Facebook and Twitter. I'd be really curious to find out who handles that stuff for them (agency or record label? Assistants?).

For example, it's obviously a momentous occasion now, but what's going to happen between ticket sales in April and the beginning of the tour at the end of September? They hardly ever update their page, and I worry they'll lose this buzz. But if they play it right, they could really create a steady stream of discussion – not just among us superfans – that would be beneficial going into the tour.

Just a thought. I'd love to figure out how to work with them! I know they probably don't care at their age, but I'm just starting out (I'm only 22). My parents have been hardcore into Fleetwood Mac since the beginning (my dad just dug out his Buckingham Nicks vinyl), so I've been aware for forever. But I've definitely seen this trend of younger people being really into Fleetwood Mac emerge recently. I just see so many chances to capitalize on that and draw in more crowds.