View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think I went online in the Prodigy forums in 1992, but for a long time after that I didn't understand what the www was and I didn't know how to navigate outside of Prodigy, Compuserve, and AOL. Genie, Delphi. I paid for many different online services. I just stayed inside their walled gardens and didn't realize there was a wider internet. I didn't see pictures online really either, just text. That may have lasted for 5 years.

Michele
And now Google has killed it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think it has a specific story like Double Suicide. I don't think it was inspired by any particular human beings or events. I think perhaps FM, or Lindsey, thinks that they do with music what Matisse was trying to do with dance, trying to show how it is really primitive and the same now as it was years ago and is universal, instinctive, not learned or something only accomplished by professionals or artists. I mean, it probably appealed to Lindsey in the same sense that he calls himself a reformed primitive.

Matisse said he was inspired by seeing fishermen in 1905 doing a circle dance on a beach. You go different places and see different people and they are all doing the same thing, at heart. And it's been the same for decades and centuries.

Also, Matisse was going through a phase where he was just using cut-outs, forms of people or bodies, and creating a whole by putting those simple cut-outs against more intricate, colorful backgrounds. The elements of the painting didn't arise together. They were put together. So, you start off with something very simple, individual pieces, and you layer them into a more complicated whole and I think that's what Fleetwood Mac does. And is.

Michele
Fascinating!