View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
All right, buddy, you've been slyly & cryptically alluding to that for about ten years now on Usenet. Would you mind telling us what you know! Spill!
Well, since he's apparently not involved in her career, I guess it's safe to finally say who it was.

John Courage.

I got his number from somebody who frequented the Usenet at the time. There was a lot of bad information about the reunion that was out at the time (specifically that it was going to be a 30th anniversary reunion tour that would also feature Billy, Rick, Bekka, and Bob Welch, with occasional appearences from Peter and Dave Mason). This information was on a website that the webmaster said was going to be the "official" site (Kiln House). Well, I wanted to know if any of it were true or not, and that was the main purpose of the call. He said that it would only be the "Rumours" band, and that there were no immediate plans for an official Fleetwood Mac website.

Anyway, I also asked him about the "Time" album and tours. He said that he walked out half way through the one show he saw, as, to him, it was just a glorified cover band. He said that he expected more out of Mick and John, and Billy for that matter. Then I asked about any tension between Christine and Dave, as it seemed like they didn't have too many positive things to say about one another. John then said that Dave was a "major asshole," and that there was no way in hell Christine would have worked with him.

So, was it worth the near ten year wait? (Probably not.)

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-09-2004 at 03:09 PM..