View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a quote from Christine about Little Lies

Up Close - 1987
(Is "Little Lies" a love song?)"That's kind of one of my disguised alternative love songs. Its kind of a message to a member of the band that is no longer with us because I think at the time we sensed that Lindsey would be leaving. I think that the subliminal thing in there was sort of a written about him, to him, from the rest of us. But then again it is under the guise of a love song. It could be either or. But I think that is where the inspiration for the words came from."

Rock Lives-1991
(about Little Lies)"The idea of the lyric is, 'If I had the chance, I'd do it differently next time. But since I can't, just carry on lying to me and I'll believe..even though I know you're lying."

BAM Magazine-October 23, 1987
"I have nothing but respect for Lindsey and what he is doing. He was never less than honest with us. And after 12 years in the band, it must have been something of a wrench for him to leave. But if someone is not happy, then nobody is happy. I think his decision was best for everyone who is concerned."

I don't think Chris ever had super hard feelings towards Lindsey leaving as evidenced by her quote above. I don't think they had a real hard time between themselves during the album recording. I think Lindsey's anger and disappointment at that time in the studio was mostly directed at Stevie .

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB