View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
would LOVE to see him open up his solo albums a little more. we've gotten plenty of the "genius alone in the basement" recordings, and they've been great, but after multiple albums of this, it's time for something different. Maybe that's part of why I've always loved OOTC so much... he worked with Richard on it and it has a different feel to it. I would love for him to bring some new talent into his solo work-- not as glossy, publicity-generating stuff but real playing with others and feeding off their ideas.
yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Recently, he has had a tendency to work on solo stuff in his hotel room while on tour with FM. Hence my thought we will see another "basement" Small Machine CD after that, without any outside collaborators.
maybe he can pull some of the people he meets on the road? we know he was backstage at some concerts during this last tour, just bring them in and see what they can do! then use what's good, discard what's not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"