View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She's made comments like that in the past. Maybe not "strange" but she would say it was not the band's best work and drifted from focus and she was not sure what the band's sound was at the time. I am paraphrasing but stuff like that. She does not hate Mirage but was not thrilled about it like she was with Tango and some earlier albums. Its odd because Mirage contains her biggest hit. But then again the band clearly was not getting along and its the last album when all 5 of them used controlled substances heavily. She got clean after the Mirage tour. For the Hold Me video, they all took separate limos to the shoot and were late and John punched the director, etc. They were in an odd time then and I think they were all getting on eachother's nerves. Those MTV promos had some so wasted with Lindsey in sunglasses and Chris laughing and not making much sense. I think Chris felt Mirage was a very safe album and not very creative.
She didn't really get 'clean' after mirage...maybe somewhat clean from coke but definitely not done with alcohol...her marriage to Ed had tons of issues and that was one of them, because he wasn't a big drinker. and after the divorce it got worse with her isolation etc...she was in rehab in 2012 for alcohol and prob other crap as well. It was an ongoing battle for her.

--Lis