View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Both Red Rocks and The Dance are on standard definition DVD only. I also think they were filmed only in standard definition. MAYBE The Dance was filmed on 35 millimeter actual film and then transferred to video tape for editing. In that case there might be hope for one day getting a 1080 transfer, but as it is right now the best you can do is make sure you player can do a 1080 up convert of the DVD. If anyone can get a clear view of one of the cameras on stage look to see if there is anything resembling a camera film reel? If it was edited in video though they would have to go back to the original Film, transfer it again into HD and reedit the WHOLE thing from the beginning. Based on the amount of tweaking to the vocals, lip sync issues I'm guessing the producers of The Dance wont be much interested in re editing it and possibly exposing all the fakery that went into making The Dance seem like a perfect and flawless performance.

LIB was filmed in HD, but the DVD is standard definition and worse than that was NOT made in 16:9 but awful letterbox. No matter what I do I can not get my DVD player and TV to not make everyone look fat. There is hope that LIB will be released someday in proper HD format. If not be Warner then maybe by SoundStage itself?

Stevie's Soundstage of course was also filmed in HD and released on BlueRay so its going to look amazing.

Last edited by AnthonyMI; 02-05-2010 at 10:58 AM..