View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
As for whether this is the last Mac line-up. I, perhaps controversially, agree that it is a shame that currently the whole thing revolves around Stevie and Lindsey's willingness to participate. I would really be interested if during one of these interviews, John and Mick were confronted with this fact: why is that? Don't get me wrong. If Stevie and Lindsey said to Mick and John: "We want to record an album every year for the rest of our lives with you guys" then that would, for me, be the best possible scenario for the band. But since they don't seem to be willing to, I wonder if John and/or Mick also don't want to record new material with any regularity under the Mac name (Mick seems to keep himself busy during the off years/decades ). I wish they could say to Lindsey/Stevie: "Feel free to come knockin' any time you want and we'll include you in the fold; in the meantime, we'll be recording and performing gigs with Chris Isaak, Iris Dement, An Pierle, and Koen Gisen."
On this point I wonder whether the reluctance is more on the part of Mr McVie than Mr Fleetwood to carry on with FM. In the very beginning of Mick Fleetwood's Blues Band we saw John McVie as the bass player but that very quickly changed. Perhaps John, now that he is 65 (if memory serves me correct) has done a Christine and decided to seek retirement. Perhaps he came on this tour because it was Stevie and Lindsey coming back with them, but maybe he doesn't want to do anything new.

It isn't something I keep up with (I leave that to John - wetcamelfood) but have Fleetwood or McVie actually made guest appearances on other people's albums any time recently?

We know that Stevie is probably at the end of her useful career life, although as her fans we think she can give us so much more, I'm not sure she wants to now. Lindsey will undoubtedly turn out more solo albums, as much as I don't personally like his solo work that much, he seems to have found a new creative energy in his senior years.

Mick of course did write in his book (I think) that he would still be doing this when he was 80. I have no doubt that while is still healthy he'll keep turning up in various bands, perhaps because he loves the music or perhaps because he loves the money. That too is an argument for another day.

We know that there will be more from the MFBB and Island Rumours Band (well if Rick is to be believed and who would doubt him), but beyond that, who knows?

Oh, and to address your comment about it being a shame that the whole thing revolves around Lindsey and Stevie's willingness to participate - I just think it is a shame the whole thing revolves around Lindsey and Stevie

(You'd never know I love Miss Nicks would you?)