View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Tusk was a sign of courage, an escape from the pattern of making records watching carefully the sales. It was Lindsey's artistic integrity textured with the approach of a band that had an established style of playing music. Nothing to recriminate about the different aim of making a record that was vital for the group.
Of course, making a record that goes a different way makes all more difficult, more inaccesible to the mainstream audience. But, everytime I listen, as eccentric it may be, to this album, "Tusk", I melt, a great demonstration of how FM were great:

Maybe it's difficult to apprecciate all the songs, or to catalogate, them in a historical importance as the ones on Rumours, but in my opinion, few would have tried something so risky after a mega-selling success.

For me Tusk is the best album the band has ever done, not perfect for a way of defining, artistic cohesiveness. Maybe it seems a Lindsey's solo album, and in part it's true, but the whole journey going on ,everytime I listen to it, makes me forget everything.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vinceṛ non ci son santi. "