View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

@On Ice- Trust me, you're not alone. Lindsey doing solo numbers is where you can see passion and fire. Same with Stevie

But when the band is together, you really get the sense of them going through the motions ALA Eagles. It seems so passionless. I even thought that watching the Dance era.

It seemed so blah compared to them live in the 70's and early 80's. I think the only way for them to truly sound alive again on stage is doing deeper and obscurer cuts. Oh and more recent music might help too

The Mac really could learn a thing or two from Bruce Springsteen live. He does deeper cuts as well as recent material. And also a couple of hits to please the casual fans. His shows run from 3 to 4 hours. You can tell he still loves what he does. His setlist changes from night to night. I will always pay the highest dollar if required to see him as he always respects his fans by doing something different.

Is there a website or email we can communicate to the Mac or their management that the fans are tired of greatest hits setlists? That we want something a little deeper?

@TrueFaith - I love New Order so much it is hard to pick an album. So I wussed and picked the compilation.

My favorite recent albums are as follows

The Jayhawks Mockingbird Time
Neil Young Le Noise
MGMT Congratulations
Hot Chip One Life Stand
The Generationals Actor-Castor
School of Seven Bells Ghostory
Garbage Not Your Kind of People
Electric Guest Mondo
Patti Smith Banga
Randy Newman Harps and Angels
Fiona Apple The Idler Wheel is Wiser
Leonard Cohen Old Ideas
Jack White Blunderbuss
Talib Kweli Gutter Rainbows
The Roots Undun
Bruce Springsteen Wrecking Ball

As this list will atest, people will probably think I'm a schizoid freak. But I love all kinds of music and variety is the spice of life..