View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
It's a shame that there's such bad feelings here and this forum community can't enjoy discussions and anticipating a tour as in years past (at least distant past...I was more of a Ledge poster back during The Dance and SYW Tours)...but I think the bad feeling is much more obvious here in this little fishbowl. I think the the public at large, if they care at all and pay attention to even know Lindsey is gone, there's been more of a "oh, that's too bad was hoping to see them all together" to a "crazy old band still crazy" reaction. People moved on and will buy tickets or won't. I expect the tour to still do well and I expect to still go and have a great time.

As for the newcomers, I've always enjoyed TP and the Heartbreakers and love Mike Campbell. In addition to his work with Tom Petty and with Stevie, he's also worked with Don Henley writing my two favorite solo Henley songs. I'm glad he's got something to do now that Tom's gone and I'm really excited to see him this tour.

I'm far less familiar with Neil Finn. Outside of Don't Dream It's Over I'm unfamiliar with his work. I really like his voice, though, and given the recent live footage of Don't Dream It's Over shown on the CBS interview it sounds like his voice is in great shape; I'm looking forward to hearing more from him and seeing how the harmonies turn out on the upcoming FM tour.

I appreciate your (and others) sharing more info on Neil for those like me who aren't very familiar with his work.
Ty - this weekend I think I'm gonna do a crash course in Mike Campbell!

From Neil, I also like 'One Step Ahead' and 'Message To My Girl' with Split Enz. 'You Better Be Home Soon' with Crowded House. There are many others (I don't want to go overboard)

He writes clever lyrics with very catchy hooks. Many would say he's in the top five best songwriters from this part of the world, of all time. I certainly would.

He just did a show with Mike Campbell joining for a try at 'Man Of The World'. Reviews have been very positive but we're unlikely to see footage because apparently recording is strictly not allowed at the venue.

Some people believe that Stevie was there too, though she didn't get on stage. Discussion here in Neil Finn section of a forum. (They've noticed this forum too!)

http://www.frenzforum.com/topic/neil...75276121814383