View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
“Stevie is just unbelievable,” says McVie. “The more I see her perform on stage the better I think she is. She holds the fort. She’s a brand. We’re quite different in that way - I have an outside life. I live in London not the States. I like going shopping on my own. I have more of a normal life than her and that keeps me grounded. I have other friends and I do other things. I enjoy going sailing. Stevie is devoted to her career and boy, does she do it well.”

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/cul..._medium=social
It's good that Chris has a life, sailing, gardening, friends.

I really don't think that Stevie is still a good stage performer, if you're not in love with her. I always remember her past energy. Maybe it was fueled by cocaine, but I think it was just youth and exuberance. It was natural, like she couldn't contain herself. I remember video where she would jump and she wouldn't even have to bend her knees. It was almost as if she just levitated off the ground for a few seconds in platform heels. It was so effortless.

Now, it's not effortless and instead of changing her performance, like she changes the key to adapt to her current capabilities, she tries to give a nod to the old spins, kicks and physical stunts and they usually strike me as silly, rather than sensational, as in days of yore. More attempt than achievement.

But I still like the songs, so the concerts would still be worth it for those, if I hadn't written her off.