View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Hey Brian,

Did you buy one of those Panasonic dvd players/recorders? If so, I'm just curious how you find it, and are you able to transfer what's on vhs or other dvd's and record it onto another dvd-r? I've been thinking about buying one myself, and looked around on the net to see if there was info... Found alot of info on how you can record from tv and so forth and watch while it's recording, but nothing that says you can record from tape or dvd to dvd-r... I'm sure you can, but just thought I'd ask just to make sure.

Thanks.
I think it is worth the $$$ because I can now transfer my VHS tapes to DVD-R with ease (I have transferred even officially release VHS tapes with ease...Only 1 thus far was protected by 'copyright protection' and thus was unrecordable).

I have also tried to make copies of DVD-R's from my regular DVD player to my burner and found no problems what-so-ever, But you cannot make DVD-R copies of officially released DVD's (They're coded with copyright protection).

I also tried recorded a TV show from the TV directly to DVD-R and found the shows can looks great depending on what speed you record at. The best speed is XP (1 hour) which is the equivalent of SP on a VC, But much-much clearer & crisper. The system I bought also allows you to watch a show that you're recording from the beginning even as you currently record it, I havent tried it yet but I will soon...

The Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD recorder also plays DVD-A's and gives you an option to make the vocals more prominent with the "Emphasis" feature on the "Settings", Which makes for some quite cool sounding discs.

Definitely worth what I paid for it...

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."